Created by hospitality operators for hospitality operators, Avero is the trusted SaaS technology partner for the hospitality industry. We empower 40,000+ hospitality professionals with the answers they need to transform their businesses and their lives, getting them out of the back office and into the kitchen with their staff, onto the floor with their guests, and at home with their families. We are a remote-first company with headquarters in New York City.
Avero is looking for a Mid to Senior Front-End Engineer who will be responsible for working within an engineering team to design and implement against Avero’s various internal and user-facing applications. You will help foster a highly collaborative and quality-focused engineering culture that addresses the complex business problems our customers and partners face. You will lead by example and help grow the skills of Avero’s engineering teams. This is a 100% remote role.
Who You Are:
- A software engineer who enjoys problem solving in a collaborative environment
- An outstanding communicator who can effectively share knowledge with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A motivated individual who isn’t afraid to dive into problems and contribute
- A creative thinker who is excited by learning and sharing knowledge
What You’ll Do:
- Work within an agile engineering team to create and execute technical solutions to achieve business goals
- Understand Avero’s software architecture and work with technical leadership to deliver solutions within that framework
- Provide input into your team’s roadmap, milestones, and goals
- Follow and help refine best practices for your team and the broader engineering organization
- Foster a culture of accountability, patience, and growth on your team as they deliver against their roadmap
- Work with technical leadership within your team and the broader organization to grow your technical expertise
- Work on and deploy containerized cloud-based technologies using AWS, Terraform, and Docker
- Support existing applications while building knowledge of Avero’s infrastructure
- Support software products through their entire lifecycle
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- You do not need to be an expert in everything but should have a significant overlap with our existing technology stack. We can help you ramp up where there are gaps. Our key technology areas include:
- SQL – we use Postgres, Redshift, and Oracle
- NoSQL – we use MongoDB
- Backend system technologies – we use Java, Node.js, Apollo GraphQL, gRPC, and more
- Frontend system technologies – we use React, React Native, and Angular 1.x
- Cloud infrastructure and containerization technologies – we use AWS, Terraform and Docker
- A strong commitment to collaboration in a remote-first engineering organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within remote or geographically distributed teams is preferable
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Competitive compensation, coupled with an emphasis on work/life balance
- Employer-sponsored benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from Avero quarterly!
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D
- Commuter Benefits (for those in NYC!)
- 401k and Company Match
- Parental Leave
- ClassPass Discounts
- Pluralsight Skills License
- Equity in the company – all employees have a stake in our growth!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
For Colorado* based candidates – The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in Colorado is between $105,000 and $120,000. Final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. We also offer a full robust benefits package. Because Avero’s base compensation is driven by location, we will be happy to discuss a salary range for other locations during the interview process.
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time.
Avero is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.
Apply for this position
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply below!